As I was putting together my kids' school lunches and snacks this morning, I found myself tired already, with little energy to create my own breakfast from scratch....
Or deal with putting away the leftovers from what I had just put together for my kiddos.
And then... Eureka!
A most delicious, faster-than-ever-to-put-together breakfast literally pulled itself together for myself!!!
Here it is..
The best, insanely quick to make and the most nourishing cereal breakfast. EVER.
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts (any nuts you have on hand, seeds will work too)
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- a handful of sliced apples (or whatever fruit you were slicing up for your kids:-))
- Throw all into a Vitamix (this is what I use but any high speed blender or food processor will work) and give a few pulses to mix well.
- Pour your favorite non dairy milk of choice.
- Your tummy will thank you more if you use use soaked or sprouted nuts.
- You will be over the moon with a homemade version of Almond Milk (1/2 cup of soaked/ sprouted almonds, 2 cups of filtered/ spring water, one tablespoon maple syrup (optional) - simply blend for 20 seconds at high speed. This will make 3-4 servings, store in the fridge).