How I LOVE fresh market easy-to-toss together salads!
This one takes about 5 minutes to make. It serves one person and is a generous lunch portion.
The oregano gives this salad a delicious Greek flavor AND helps to keep candida in balance. This is especially handy if, like me, you are very excited that fresh local fruit is finally here also and are eager to eat more of it than your usual share.
Ingredients (fresh from the farmers market):
- one tomato
- one cucumber
- one summer zucchini
- extra virgin olive oil,
- pinch of sea salt (I prefer Celtic sea salt)
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- generous sprinkling of oregano (fresh or dried is fine)
- Wash your veggies
- Slice the zucchini and toss on the stove to gently saute in olive oil
- While the zucchini is cooking mix your dressing (feel free to play with the proportions to your taste, I like to use about half and half of olive oil and lemon juice)
- Chop tomato and cucumber and toss with the dressing
- Take the zucchini off the stove and toss directly into the salad bowl, mix everything
Aren't fresh local veggies just beautiful?